- This event has passed.
Civic Boot Camp: Snohomish Community Health
How to Create a Healthy Neighborhood: The Connection Between Individual and Community
Civic Boot Camp: Snohomish Community Health is a full-day experience for residents to connect with community leaders, network with other participants and gain a deeper understanding of the perceptions and realities of community health in Snohomish County.
- Overview of community health in Everett and Snohomish County.
- Walking tour in the Hawthorne neighborhood to visit youth and social services, historic sites, affordable housing and community gardens.
- Panel and small-group discussions with local community leaders to discuss their perspectives on community health.
- Workshop on pathways to action.
How will you benefit from Civic Boot Camp?
- Understand the interrelated components of a healthy community and the status of the local area.
- Awareness of Hawthorne neighborhood’s challenges, opportunities and needs.
- Connect with key community leaders and participants interested in community health.
- Action steps you can take to improve your community’s health.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
What is the location?
We’ll start the day on the Everett Community College campus in Liberty Hall (Room 109), have lunch at the Boy’s and Girls’ Club and end up at the Walt Price Fitness Center conference room (also on Everett Community College Campus). Happy hour (for those interested) will be at Lilly’s Garden Chinese Restaurant/Lounge on Broadway close to campus.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
You will receive a parking pass for Everett Community College along with directions and orientation materials 1 week before the event.
What should I wear and/or bring?
Please dress for the weather (since we’ll be walking outside in the neighborhood). You may want to bring a small backpack for materials, your business cards (for networking) and water bottle.
How much walking will we do?
We will walk a little over a mile before lunch a little less than a mile after lunch. (All walking on fairly level sidewalks).
Will there be food/snacks and drinks available throughout the day?
Yes, we’ll have a light breakfast (with tea/coffee), full lunch and light afternoon snacks (with tea/coffee). Afterwards, people will have the chance to network informally at Lilly’s Garden Chinese restaurant (with one free drink!). Please let Jeff know if you have special dietary restrictions.