- This event has passed.
Elevate NW Small Business Conference
The Northwest’s history is one of innovators, artists, and entrepreneurs – dreaming big and working hard. The values that define our region have made it possible to create a thriving and competitive economy while figuring out the best path forward together.
This half-day conference on April 24th is dedicated to the growth and success of minority-owned, women-owned, and small- and medium-sized businesses in the Seattle metro region. This conference will feature an inspiring keynote address from Scott Svenson, co-Founder of MOD Pizza, recently ranked as the fastest-growing restaurant chain in America and with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and U.K. The Svensons attribute MOD’s success to a people-first culture, and a shared motivation to use the business as a platform to make a positive social impact. Scott will speak about the powerful culture and philosophy driving this purpose-led business, and the concept of “Spreading MODness.” Attendee will also visit multiple break-out sessions to learn from local business leaders about access to capital, innovations in business practices, and strategies for creating effective partnerships. We’ll end the day with an after-party where you can connect with like-minded peers from across the region while enjoying music, drinks, and games.
What’s in Store:
- Developing a positive culture and rapidly expand your business like MOD Pizza, they grew from one location in 2008 to 300+ stores in 2018
- Accessing funding resources with Community Sourced Capital and Ventures Nonprofit
- Using innovative marketing to expand your reach with Moore Seal and UW:CoMotion
- The secret to creating strategic partnerships with Heritage Distilling and Pagliacci Pizza
- Find potential business partners as you network over drinks
Not a business owner? No sweat – many of the things you’ll learn from this conference can be scaled down and directly applied to your department instead of an entire business model.
- 1:00PM Keynote Presentation – Scott Svenson, MOD Pizza
- 2:00PM Breakout Sessions – Power of Partnerships with Jeremy Field, Matt Galvin, Jaebadiah Gardner, Hannah Henley, and Leen Kawas. Pursuit of Innovation with Jasmine Donovan, David Harris, Vikram Jandhyala, Moorea Seal, and Sara Studer. Best Practices of Successful Growth with Christal Bemont, Rachel Maxwell, Tony Phillips, Erika Schmidt, and Beto Yarce.
- 4:30PM After-Party – Wind down from a day full of learning with food, drinks, games, networking, business services, and more!