We’re all about working with our local community to make Seattle a better city for everyone and help you #livelikeyoulivehere. We do that with the stories we tell, the tips and insights locals contribute, and the partnerships we form that both elevate interesting experiences in the city and help us continue to serve our city and its people.
There are a few ways we work with folks in town, so here’s a guide…
- Event Promotion
- Event Partnerships
- Editorial Coverage
SO YOU WANT TO TELL YOUR BRAND’S STORY
We’ve got you covered. There are two ways to do it:
- We have a nifty little website that puts you in the driver’s seat and allows you to book your own ads. You can book as many or as few promotions as you’d like in just a couple minutes. There’s no minimum buy, and most promotions can begin running in as little as three days (subject to availability).
Custom advertising packages
- Longer series incorporating traditional newsletter promotion, native content, and social media engagement is where we really shine. We have an incredible creative team who love storytelling and can help tailor your message for our audience — think super clickable newsletter promotions, Instagram Live videos, events, and written content all spotlighting your work in our city and accessible for any budget. Reach out to [email protected] and we can get the conversation started.
SO YOU WANT TO PROMOTE YOUR EVENT…
We keep our subscribers in the know about the best events in the city. There are two ways to promote your event.
- You can use our advertising platform to create customized ads for our daily email newsletter. There’s a 15 percent discount for nonprofits.
Newsletter calendar of events
This is a rundown of events around Seattle happening in the next week. It has its debut in our Monday newsletters then appears at the bottom of each daily edition.
- We love getting suggestions, but sending one along does not guarantee that we’ll include it in the events roundup. We weigh factors like accessibility, cost, community relevance, and geographical and topical diversity. Submit your event here.
- Note: We’re more likely to include your event if you tell us about it at least a week ahead of time. We update the planner once a week.
- What we’d need from you: A brief description of the event and a live URL to an event listing (it can be on your website or on any public social media platform, but it can’t be a flyer that has to be attached).
SO YOU WANT TO DO A GIVEAWAY…
Ticket giveaways are an awesome way for us to give our community access to great local experiences, and for you to get an additional boost of attention. We offer them to promotions customers and event partners. They are published in the newsletter and sometimes also on our social media channels. Giveaways must be offered at least two weeks in advance of the event.
To gain traction, a giveaway should offer the community at least one of these three things:
- A special experience that isn’t available for purchase,
- Access to an invitation-only event, or
- High financial value.
SO YOU WANT TO PARTNER WITH US…
At The Evergrey, a “partner” isn’t someone we write about, it’s someone we work with to expand and deepen our connections to the communities we both serve.
We’re always working to grow our community, so we ask partners to provide an opportunity for their users to sign-up for our newsletter. Usually this is an opt-out checkbox on a webform. We promote our partners in many ways, some of which include: bringing activations to your events so we can meet your community, including partner events and announcements in our newsletters, and promoting partnership work on our social media channels.
Partnerships do not affect the likelihood of us covering an event beyond inclusion in the “partners” section of the newsletter calendar. We like to work together with partners over a period of several weeks or months to ensure that we’re building strong and effective relationships.
SO YOU WANT EDITORIAL COVERAGE OF YOUR AWESOME THING…
You: “I want a story about my event/restaurant opening/campaign on your website.”
Us: Well, that’s not quite what we do…
Other than our daily newsletter, all our content is project- or series-based. We pick topics of high local interest/conversation to really dig in on over time. That could be anything from a voter guide to a multi-week behind-the-scenes tour of Seattle’s food scene. If you’ve got a suggestion for a topic we should dig into, hit us up at [email protected].
Also, while we don’t usually do articles from press releases, food and drink reviews, or event coverage, we do feature new things happening around town in our newsletter and on our social media channels.
We have a section in every daily newsletter for media coverage in other outlets, and we love when people suggest things to share. If your project got a great write-up somewhere else, send it over to [email protected].
SO YOU WANT TO HOST THE EVERGREY AT YOUR VENUE…
We love kicking back with locals in our community — especially if we can do it in a place we’re excited to help them explore.
The Evergrey hosts occasional reader meetups around the city on Monday nights and we’re always on the lookout for the next great spot. Know a place in town where we can hang out, get drinks or some food, and chat together as a group of 10-25 people? Email [email protected] and let us know.
SO YOU WANT TO WRITE SOMETHING FOR THE EVERGREY…
We don’t currently have the resources to support freelance writers and photographers, but you can always reach out to [email protected] for the future.
SO THIS DOESN’T ACTUALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION…
OK, no problem. Hit us up at [email protected] and we’ll help you out.
Thanks for checking in with us. We look forward to working with you!