We’re looking for a part-time Fellow to help us explore this amazing city.
You’ll be telling stories, building community, and helping your neighbors connect to the place we call home. You’ll follow your curiosity about Seattle to find, create, and share stories that elevate valuable perspectives, unlock the city’s hidden gems, demystify issues that matter, and introduce locals to communities that help them live like they live here.
We’re a small, scrappy Seattle news outlet that experiments with abandon and believes that the only way we serve this city is to be in constant conversation with our neighbors. You’ll be making all kinds of digital content — including photos, videos, and engaging posts on social media. But the two most important things you’ll need for this job are an eagerness to explore this city along with Seattle’s curious locals and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, learning-focused environment that always puts community first.
Can you capture what’s fun and interesting about what’s going on around you? Tell engaging stories that help the city come alive? Lead great conversations online and in person? Let’s talk.
The Evergrey Editorial Fellow will:
- Produce/write/shoot/record/code content for The Evergrey
- Contribute to The Evergrey’s social media channels and engage with our community
- Help plan and attend The Evergrey’s events
- Help write and produce our daily email newsletter
The ideal candidate has these qualifications:
- Experience with digital media tools and production
- An interest in digital media experimentation and alternative forms of storytelling
- A fluency with major social media platforms
- An ability to create content in a deadline environment
- A relentless curiosity about the world around them
- A fascination with people and what they care about, and with local communities and how they tick
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to carry projects through from conception to publication
We love people who:
- Are excited to get to know their city and follow its heartbeat
- Love to learn
- Love to spark great conversations online and in person
- Are proactive, and like solving problems
- Approach other people and challenging situations with empathy
- Can’t effing wait to get started
Note: We’re way more interested in working with great people than sticking to these lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. So get in touch! Candidates must be able to work 25-30 hours a week in Seattle, Washington. This is a paid position that also packs a lot of learning and growth opportunities, plus a super flexible work schedule and style.
The deadline for applications is April 21. Our ideal start date is in early May.